Autohaus East Rand is committed to respecting and protecting your personal data whilst it is in our care. We collect your personal information because it helps us to understand your needs and guides the way in which we interact and communicate with you about our products and services both now and in the future.
We have strict policies and procedures in place to protect your data when we acquire it, when we process it in order to provide you with the services you have requested or, where you have given us your permission to do so, to send you information that we think you’ll find interesting, and thereafter when we store your data on our secure server.
We will normally use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
- To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer.
- To respond to your enquiries and fulfil any requests you make to us.
- To provide vehicle support and service activities.
- To analyse, evaluate and improve our sales and service performance so that your visits and use of our website are more useful and enjoyable.
- To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a vehicle from us or made a purchasing enquiry.
- We will only contact you with information about products or services which we feel are relevant to your needs and may be of interest to you.
- You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time.
- To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object.
- To identify and record when you have received, opened or engaged with our website or electronic communications.
- For network and security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access.
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights.
- To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
HOW MAY WE DISCLOSE YOUR DATA TO THIRD PARTIES?
In order to deliver a high standard of support we will provide information about you:
- To employees and agents of Autohaus East Rand to deal with your accounts, products and services related to Autohaus East Rand.
- With your agreement, to additional service providers whose products and services may be of interest to you, such as mechanical breakdown insurance or exterior and interior car protection products.
- To third parties using aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring usage of our services in order to help us develop our services, for example, to additional service partners and advertisers. These statistics do not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
In addition, we will disclose your personal data to third parties if required as follows:
- For the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences, and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information that we collect with the police, other public or private sector agencies, governmental or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. This may also include public authorities, insurance companies, finance companies, automotive advertising companies and/or other agencies.
- In order to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
- To finance companies, if making a finance application through Autohaus East Rand.
We will not pass on your personal information to third parties except in accordance with this policy and our Terms and Conditions.
If you would like to apply online for a free valuation of your vehicle you will be required to supply the following details:
- Full names
- Mobile number.
- Email address.
- Year, make and model of your vehicle.
- Registration number.
- VIN and Engine numbers.
- Km Reading
Your details will be used to provide an estimated online valuation which is based on our assumptions and the limited details about your vehicle that you have shared with us.
Please note that we always carry out a full inspection on-site before we offer to either part exchange a vehicle or to buy it. If we think that anything in the car’s history or condition will affect its value, including damage, unusual features or customisation, the price that we offer for it will be different to the valuation we gave you online.
FINANCE & INSURANCE
The finance calculator is included for your convenience and should only be used to calculate approximate monthly repayments and is intended as a guide only. Actual repayment amounts will depend on the actual interest rate charged by the financial institutes and the term of and calculation method used by the institution that provides finance. Repayments shown in the calculator do not constitute a quote and are not binding.
Finance instalments are influenced by a variety of factors including but not limited to financial institutions, such as value-added products, delivery fee, interest rate, individual credit rating and credit profile.
COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Autohaus East Rand are bound by the Consumer Protection Act 68, of 2008 as well the Automotive Industry Code of Conduct.
Should you be dissatisfied with our service please forward the details of your complaint to our offices in at email@example.com for further investigation. Alternatively, you may refer the matter to the Motor Industry Ombudsman of South Africa (MIOSA). The process details to lodge your complaint can be located on their website at www.miosa.co.za
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This site provides links to other websites. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of all sites that you visit, including those whose links are provided so that you can understand how those sites collect, use and share your information. This site is not responsible for the privacy statements, content or data handling practices on other websites.